abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Bank Transfer - English speaker on German Ebay

I recently received a second chance offer for a dive computer from a seller based in Ukraine who is apparently using the german eBay . I didn't notice this when i was bidding on the item as the listing was available on English ebay. 

I had problems paying for the item as my payments kept getting rejected and finally found out that the seller wanted the payment through a "Ubеrwеisung" which equates to a bank transfer. I initially thought that this was very shady and that it smelt a bit like it might be a scam. But since the bank transfer was an option of payment when using the german eBay website and subsequently redirected me to a very "official" looking eBay page stipulating a next step of transferring the money to the sellers account, i did some digging and found out that bank transfers are a very common method of payment on the German eBay site.

The seller looks very reputable and has 112 five-star reviews with no negative reviews at all. He's also offered to send me a picture of his passport, assured me that all his expensive items have been sold by "uberweisung" and that it is a legal payment method on eBay , and guarantees fast shipping with a tracking number and insurance. However, i'm still on the fence as i can't really figure out if i'm covered by the eBay Buyer Protection / eBay money back guarantees. 

Finding it so confusing as the eBay sites apparently don't follow the same rules. Was on the phone with customer service in England for 20 minutes where she said she could see the errors in payment but couldnt see why. Tried eBay german customer service and they couldn't speak English at all.

I'm hoping theres a kind German here that can deduce if i'm covered or not. Google translate tells me that im not covered unless the product is under the eBay guarantee. I'm not sure how to check this - i can see a eBay logo on the listing but not sure if thats enough.  

Would really appreciate any help please !!

Akzeptiert Lösungen (0)

Antworten (1)

Antworten (1)

@steven_schmidt  schrieb:

I recently received a second chance offer for a dive computer from a seller based in Ukraine who is apparently using the german eBay . I didn't notice this when i was bidding on the item as the listing was available on English ebay. 

I had problems paying for the item as my payments kept getting rejected and finally found out that the seller wanted the payment through a "Ubеrwеisung" which equates to a bank transfer. I initially thought that this was very shady and that it smelt a bit like it might be a scam. But since the bank transfer was an option of payment when using the german eBay website and subsequently redirected me to a very "official" looking eBay page stipulating a next step of transferring the money to the sellers account, i did some digging and found out that bank transfers are a very common method of payment on the German eBay site.

The seller looks very reputable and has 112 five-star reviews with no negative reviews at all. He's also offered to send me a picture of his passport, assured me that all his expensive items have been sold by "uberweisung" and that it is a legal payment method on eBay , and guarantees fast shipping with a tracking number and insurance. However, i'm still on the fence as i can't really figure out if i'm covered by the eBay Buyer Protection / eBay money back guarantees. 

Finding it so confusing as the eBay sites apparently don't follow the same rules. Was on the phone with customer service in England for 20 minutes where she said she could see the errors in payment but couldnt see why. Tried eBay german customer service and they couldn't speak English at all.

I'm hoping theres a kind German here that can deduce if i'm covered or not. Google translate tells me that im not covered unless the product is under the eBay guarantee. I'm not sure how to check this - i can see a eBay logo on the listing but not sure if thats enough.  

Would really appreciate any help please !!

Please, let us know the item Number. So we can have a look at the article and the seller and then we are able to answer your question.

Stelle hier Deine öffentliche Frage an andere eBay-Mitglieder