abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

EU Ebay members unfair treatment on Ebay.de

Why there is no easy way for EU Ebay members to buy items from sellers on Ebay.de? It was a normal practice previously, and now it seems that Ebay.de has introduced limiting factors for EU citizens outside of Germany?

Does this make unfair trade practice?

Nachricht 11 von 11
Neueste Antwort
10 ANTWORTEN 10

Hello sonja@ebay 

Trade within EU is free without coustom fees or any additional costs. We use the same money (€). I dont need a passport to come to Germany or any other EU state.

Yet you think that limiting buyers not living in Germany is acceptable.

Limiting is created by unfair "additional" fee to other EU members and it is natural that most sellers want to avoid losing their money, that's why many sellers dont want to offer this option.

And there is a lot that you can do about this, an that is giving equal oportunities to all EU citizens on your trade platform, and stop with dicriminating fees.

And tthis discrimination limits sellers as well, limiting their reach

I do not understand how this is acceptable?

Have you been able to reach anybody in legal team of Ebay.de to confirm legal status of this situation?

Looking forward to your answers

Regards,

Nachricht 1 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Helo @a1a1nf0r9 , I can understand your dissatisfaction. We do not intend in any way to discriminate against our buyers according to nationality. This statement is a bit too far-fetched. Both private and commercial sellers pay fees for selling internationally on eBay. Many sellers simply don't want to offer this. There is nothing we can do about this. Thank you for your understanding.

Friendly Regards, Sonja

Du hast deine Lösung gefunden? Hilf anderen Mitgliedern, indem du dein Problem als gelöst markierst. Einfach bei der Antwort, die dir geholfen hat, auf "Als Lösung akzeptieren" klicken.

Nachricht 2 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Hello,sonja@ebay 

Any comment on last answer would be apreciated

Could you , please, check whether it is possible to contact legal team within Ebay.de and see, could and should this obstacle be removed? I find it discriminatory, and against EU free trade policies, but I might be wrong.

Who is responsible for making proposed changes ?

Thank you for response

Nachricht 3 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Hello Sonja

Thanks for your contribution.

Your answer is according to my expirience, although It is more oftten that sellers dont know how to change these preferences, even  when they want to.

However I think it is not fair  and to certain degree it is degrading to charge a fee based on nationality and different area of living.

Furthermore, as I remeber previously (aprox. two years ago...) that was not a practice of Ebay.de and I was able to buy without any restrictions.

Can we somehow end this unfair practice, that segregate buyers outside Germany?

Clipboard_04-15-2024_01.jpg

Nachricht 4 von 11
Neueste Antwort

sonja@ebay
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello @a1a1nf0r9 , perhaps the problem is due to the fact that most sellers have the rule enabled: "Block buyers whose preferred delivery address is a location I don't ship to". This has to do with fees, among other things, but also other factors. To allow interested parties to do this, sellers can add the usernames to the exception list. This bypasses the restrictions for these intended buyers and allows bidding, and in addition, these sellers usually do not specify international shipping. To allow prospective buyers to buy, sellers can add the usernames to the exception list. This circumvents the restrictions for these intended buyers and allows bidding. To do this, buyers should contact the seller beforehand.

@perfect-sally - thx 🙂 

Friendly Regards, Sonja

Du hast deine Lösung gefunden? Hilf anderen Mitgliedern, indem du dein Problem als gelöst markierst. Einfach bei der Antwort, die dir geholfen hat, auf "Als Lösung akzeptieren" klicken.

Nachricht 5 von 11
Neueste Antwort

We could ask sonja@ebay but also she dont create this rules.

Denn welcher heut sein Blut mit mir vergießt, der soll mein Bruder sein (William Shakespeare - Heinrich der V.)
Nachricht 6 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Thanks for feedback.

I think that additional fee is unfair, and possibly against fair trade, becasuse it limits rights of sellers and buyers based on gegraphic location.

Anybody in legal team at Ebay.de to comment on this unfair, and possibly unlawfull practice?

Nachricht 7 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Das ist richtig! Wenn private Verkäufer aus Deutschland ins Ausland verkaufen werden 5% Gebühren fällig. Ich finde es überhaupt unfähr, dass private Verkäufer sonst überhaupt keine Gebühren bezahlen müssen wenn sie innerhalb Deutschland verkaufen.

Denn welcher heut sein Blut mit mir vergießt, der soll mein Bruder sein (William Shakespeare - Heinrich der V.)
Nachricht 8 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Not my experience!

Lately most of sellers (I mainly shop for computers and graphic cards..) have their shipment range limited to Germany

I have understood (perhaps wrongly) that if you extend your shipment range you pay hgher fees to Ebay.

That is unfair to sellers and buyers, witzhin EU all should have equal rights, I presumme

Nachricht 9 von 11
Neueste Antwort

Womit hast du denn genau ein Problem? Es gibt sehr viele Verkäufer die EU-weit oder weltweit verkaufen.

Nachricht 10 von 11
Neueste Antwort